Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Scraptastic Wednesdays: Taking A Stroll

The weather is hit or miss for the end of March here in Upstate NY, which is when these photos were taken.  After an amazing birthday brunch for my dad, we all headed to beautiful Congress Park nearby, to walk it off and digest a little.  We had a rough winter, that lasted quite a bit longer than usual, so everything was still really brown and kind of yucky looking.  Luckily, at CKC Manchester just a month later, I had the opportunity to use these Basic Grey papers from the Kioshi line in my 'Think Ink' class.  Very earthy papers were perfect for documenting some pretty brown photos. 

So I broke my cardinal rule in that I photographed this at night with poor lighting, so I apologize for the poor photo quality.  The entire layout though, which I was happy with.  It had more "white" space than I'm used to doing, which is something I should do more often.  Pushed me right out of my comfort zone.


This is just a little close-up detail of a sticker & button detail with some ribbon.  Sometimes it's the smallest things that have the biggest impact.


This is my favorite part of the whole layout.  I bought these fabulous little white pockets in all different sizes from Boxer Scrapbooks.  I inked it a little bit to make it "fit in" with the feel of the rest of the layout, and then gathered up all the other photos of the day that didn't earn themselves a highlighted spot in the layout.  I rounded all their edges, stacked them neatly on each other and attached them together with a brown brad in the corner.  Perfect way to hang onto all those photos that document the rest of the story, without having to put a million photos on your actual layout! 


Well it's late, I've been packing diligently for hours, as we leave for Cape Cod tomorrow night right after work.  I'm going to go pass out and dream sweet dreams of the fabulous Hyannis Scrapbooking store that I'll be visitng this weekend.  Happy Scraptastic Wednesday, and I'll be back with more fun on Friday!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews