Friday, June 10, 2011

Free-For-All Friday: Porcelain Knobs

My beautiful niece Emily is going to become a big sister any day now, and is going to be sharing a room with her new baby sister, Elianna.  My mother (who is an extraordinarily talented interior designer-thanks for the creative genes Mom!) was designing the room for them, and requested that I paint some white porcelain knobs for all of the girl's refinished furniture. 

So she snuck some of the their bedding over to me for inspiration (it was a surprise for my sister), and here's what I was able to come up with:




To create your own hand-painted porcelain knobs, you first need to buy new or clean old knobs with a little rubbing alcohol.  I picked up some Americana Gloss Enamels  paint you can find online, or at any Michaels store. 



Paint whatever your little heart desires, and then let the knobs sit and air dry for 48 hours.  When they're done air drying, place them in a cool oven, and then heat it to 325 degrees for 30 minutes.  Turn off the oven and let the knobs cool down in there completely before removing.  Voila!  Hand-painted, personalized knobs, perfect for giving a "blah" piece of furniture a face-lift!

Be sure to check back for a new Yummy Monday recipe, and have a great weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews