Monday, July 25, 2011

Yummy Monday: Crepes

I have no pictures.  It was such a busy evening, that by the time I got home and got these a cookin', I could hear the grumbling tummies of both the Y Chromosomes in my house.  In the spirit of keeping a happy husband & toddler, I chose to forgo the photos and feed the hungry men.  Anyone out there with husbands and/or sons, I'm sure you'll understand.

My best friend from college was Eastern European, and she used to make the most WONDERFUL crepes.  It didn't matter if we filled them with sweet or savory, they were amazing.   I got this recipe from Allrecipes and it's as close as I've ever tasted to her own. 

1 cup flour
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp melted butter
For sweet crepes, add a tsp of vanilla and a 1/2 tsp of cinnamon

Mix the flour and eggs together until well blended, then add in the milk and water.  Add the salt and butter and beat until smooth.  

Heat a small skillet over medium high heat and lightly oil.  Pour in 1/4 cup of batter and swirl it around the pan until it's coated thoroughly.  Cook for no more than 2 minutes, loosen the edges and flip.  Cook another 1 minute, and enjoy! 

Topping Suggestions:

Ham & cheese
Cream cheese
Scrambled eggs

Nutella
Fresh fruit (bananas, strawberries, mangos)
Whipped cream
Peanut butter

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews