Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Scraptastic Wednesdays: Christmases (In July)

I was majorly productive this past weekend.  And by majorly productive, I mean I got a whole bunch of scrapbooking done.  Prepping meals for the week?  Nope.  Laundry?  Not so much.  I did however get 6 or 7 great layouts done, which for me (the double-page layout scrapbooker) was huge. 

I could bombard you with all of them tonight, however, I like having a bunch in my back pocket for those busy summer weeks where I just run out of time to create something, but still need stuff to post on those Wednesdays. 

The popular vote (meaning the vote from my 1 friend) was to do Christmas in July, so here are the 2 Christmas layouts I got done this weekend:

This one is Christmas morning.  We open presents under the "Kid's Tree" in our loft, essentially the fun Christmas tree that has all the colorful, mismatched, meaningful ornaments on it. The papers are Fancy Pants Tradition.

I used one of the patterns and just cut the tree part out of it.  The "Believe" is actually printed on the paper, I just used my Glossy Accents over the printing to make it look like they were epoxy stickers.  I am loving that stuff.

These photos are from Chrismas Eve at our family tradition:  The Red Lion Inn.  30 years and counting, we've never missed a Christmas Eve brunch there, so it's a wonderful tradition to keep going!  I used the "scraps" from the same Fancy Pants line as the other layout, so that there was some consistancy between the 4 pages.

Close(r) up of the title area.  I used my new(ish) I-Rock tool for all the little cream-colored dots around the circle. 

I kind of like this Christmas in July stuff.  It's fun to look back on all of the festivities, the cool winter photos, the beautiful holiday clothes, without actually re-living the stress of the holidays :)

I will be back on Friday with a pretty rare thing for me:  A card.  Yup, you heard it here first folks. 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews