Friday, July 15, 2011

Free-For-All Friday: Anchor Applique

I'm in search of a crochet applique pattern for an anchor.  A co-worker of mine divulged yesterday that they were expecting a gender-to-remain-unknown bundle of joy next winter, so I wanted to whip up an adorable crocheted baby hat for them, with a little anchor on it, since the anchor is, well, let's say it's kind of their thing. 

In my stumbling around to find a pattern, I did come across this site, Monster Crochet that had the most adorable crochet bag that I could see making and gifting to one of my fellow Cape Cod loving relatives.  So during this brief lunch hour (I'm at work on a Friday, which I haven't done since Finn was born *insert super whine-y face and worlds smallest violin, etc. etc. etc) I have been re-bitten (pretty sure that's not even a word) by the yarn bug, and even though I'm neck-deep in scrapbooking & paper crafting projects, I have a feeling I may be busting out the crochet hooks in the near future and whipping something soft and snuggly. 

I've got a productive scrappy weekend ahead of me, I'm going to a crop tonight and all day tomorrow, so hopefully I'll have some fun things to post next week to share!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am making a baby bucket hat for a little boy, wanting to put a small crocheted applique on it, it will be an item for a craft sale to benefit an orphanage. Would you be wiling to share how you made the applique?

Crystal
stradec2002@yahoo.com

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews