Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Scraptastic Wednesdays: 4th of July

Well, well, well, look who's Johnny-on-the-Spot and has already scrapped the most recent holiday. 

**Cue applause now**

I'd like to take full credit for being motivated, having a wonderful kit to work with, and a fantastic sketch.  In reality, I can only take credit for the first though.  This layout was made with  one of the fabulous Bigger Than A Breadbox July kits from Apron Strings.  I agreed to be a Guest Designer (when I capitalize it, it makes me feel more important ;) for Lori for the month of July, and thus just HAD to (twist my arm) come up with some things to keep people reading her blog motivated.  Fingers crossed it works!

The stars must have been aligned for me this week, because it just so happened that there was a lovely little 2-sided sketch this week over at Sketchy Thursdays that piqued my interest, so I used that one to give myself the little push I needed to put this together! 



This layout was made using the My Mind's Eye-American Made kit.  Little Man was chowing on some amazing Red, White & Blue cupcakes made by my fellow scrappy friend Melissa (shout-out to Melissa!) which was one of my favorite photos of the day.  The other one which is really meaningful is the photo of Little Man, the Hubs, my FIL and his father.  A 4 Generation photograph can be a hard thing to come by these days, and I love to document as often as I can the fact that we have all for Generations of Siebert Men accounted for :)


I used somr red, silver & blue Stickles to make a faux firework coming out of the top of the layout.  Adds a little sparkle, and makes up for the fact that all my firework photos came out mediocre at best.


I love these banners included in the kit, so I cut the circle one up a little and layered part of it on top of the other on pop-dots for dimension.


I was torn with what to do with the crepe ribbon.  I'm not really very comfortable using crepe (although I bought a metric ton of it at CKC earlier this year!) it's so darn fragile!  I took a piece of the ribbon though, and folded it into a sort of crepe flower, and used the red plastic ribbon embellishments in the center to help stick it all together.  I added a line of silver Stickles along the edge to give it some definition too.

I hope everyone had a wonderful (and safe!) 4th of July this year!  I know we're still cleaning up from the aftermath of our annual party.  My backyard looks like the day after a State Fair...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews