Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Scraptastic Wednesdays: Cape Cod

Some of my fondest childhood memories are of vacationing on the Cape.  The smell of the salt air, the taste of fresh clam chowder, the sounds of the waves.  We spent our summers playing mini golf, eating saltwater taffy, swimming in the ocean and reading books in the hammock.  I love that we have a place out there to call our own, where we can go to get away from it all, and I especially love that we will be able to show Finn the same types of summers I grew up having. 

I created this layout as part of my guest design stint over at  Apron Strings.  For this one, I used the papers in their Bigger Than a Breadbox July kit from Cosmo Cricket's Salt Air line, which I've had my eye on for MONTHS!  So glad to finally be able to get my hands on these papers because I just love them. 

How amazing are the colors in these papers?!

I added some glitter to the raw chipboard starfish from the kit, and used a brad to attach it.  All of the other embellishments were part of the Apron Strings kit as well.

I added a journaling tag from the Salt Air line to jot down a quick note.

Last but not least, I used this Page Maps sketch as inspiration for the entire layout!  It utilizes all those wallet-sized photos I'm so obsessed with printing :) 

See you on Friday for at least a progress shot of my next kids craft!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews