Monday, August 1, 2011

Yummy Monday: Zucchini Bread w/Cream Cheese Frosting

One of my co-workers gave me a beautiful zucchini a few days ago from her garden.  As someone who kills plants almost instantaneously, I envy those whose green thumbs provide them with wonderful produce all summer long. 

I found both the recipes on the AllRecipes website, for the zucchini bread go here and the cream cheese frosting recipe go here.

Fresh out of the oven.  I cooked 1 loaf in this recipe for almost 50 minutes and it came out perfectly, nice and moist.  With the remaining batter, I filled 6 regular sized muffins, and cooked them for 20 minutes.  I tend to slightly undercook when I'm baking, to ensure I don't dry things out, so the muffins could probably have used another 2-5 minutes. 

I cut the recipe online in half, and still had more than I needed to frost both the bread and the muffins.  I had originally planned on only frosting the muffins, but Little Man decided to take a spatual full of frosting to the loaf, so I finished it off.

What? I had to test one out and make sure it was ok before I posted this :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews