Monday, August 8, 2011

Family Ties

I've been remiss these last few days in not posting.  Some tough times in my family right now, and what's that old saying "when the going gets tough, the tough get going"  In my family, when the going gets tough, the tough gang together in the hospital waiting room in support of our own. 

Not to get too sentimental, but I am absolutely floored by how amazing my family is.  If it takes a village to raise a child (many days my family feels as big as a village!) it takes a village to band together and keep the faith.  In the surgical waiting room today I saw mothers, fathers, husbands, wives, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, cousins, sons, daughters all there to support each other, patiently awaiting some news.  I looked around and saw a group of people who's undying love for one another was unmatched by anything I've ever seen before, and I teared up thinking about how lucky we all were to have each other.  I wouldn't wish our heartache on anyone, but I'd wish our love on everyone. 

I'll hopefully be back later on in the week to catch up and get some new things posted, but no promises.  Have a wonderful week and I'll check back as soon as I can.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews