Friday, August 19, 2011

Free-For-All Friday: Teacher's Basket

We're switching Finn to a new daycare in a couple of weeks, and in anticipation, I put together a little gift basket for his new teacher.  I aspire (as so many do) to get all of these fun, crafty projects done ahead of time so that I'm not up until 1am the night before "school" starts, desperately trying to recall and properly spell the name of his new teacher. 

Thankfully, he doesn't start for another 2 weeks, and his teacher's name is Liz.  Whew, dodged a bullet with that one.

So today we went shopping for a little basket, and a couple of fun things to put inside.  Nothing extravagent or costly, just a couple of odds and ends that say "hey, I appreciate what you do"  I thought a couple of things for the kids, and a couple of things for her would be a nice balance, so we hunted around for a few tokens that I thought any teacher might appreciate.  

Here's the breakdown of what we picked up:  The first catergory was all about cold season; we got a box of tissues, a package of Wet Ones antibacterial wipes, and a bottle of lavender scented antibacterial hand gel.  Next up was for the kids, we picked up a box of nice, thick, and theoretically unbreakable crayons, and a big book of stickers (super helpful for a classroom full of toddlers in the midst of potty training)  The last few things were just for her random pleasure, a magnetic notepad, a nice homemade card (which will have a $5 Dunkin Donuts giftcard inside) and a bottle of Advil.  She'll want to kiss me for that last one, I can tell.


An up-close on the little tag I made to wrap around the basket.  I found some cute brown and white holiday ribbon (which is random because when I think of the holidays, brown and white don't really come to mind) but it was nice ribbon with the wire in the edges of it, so it holds nicely to the basket.  I used my Doodlecharms Cricut cartridge to cut out the apple, added some green glitter for the leaf, brown for the stem, and then used some Studio Calico alpha stickers (traced over withe more Stickles for "oopf") for her name. 


There you have it!  A cute little basket full of thoughtful things to brighten up your children's teachers day.  Total cost was right around $20 for everything, including the basket. 

Have a wonderful weekend everyone, and see you back on Monday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews